If you have firmly decided to become a data scientist, this program is a good option.
- A narrow focus on data science
- Well-structured curriculum
- Q&A hub
- Refund after 30 days of use is available
- Not a big choice of courses and programs
Data is everywhere and today knowing how to deal with it is a skill many employers are willing to properly pay for. So, why not to learn those skills online, especially with so many courses available at an affordable price? One of the possible platforms to help you with this task is 365 Data Science, and now we are about to review it in detail.
About the Company
This is an online e-learning provider focused solely on teaching data-related subjects. Right now they have 28 courses on this subject. Those classes are united under The 365 Data Science Program, a comprehensive online program that covers topics like Math, Probability, SQL, R, and Python, Machine Learning and Deep Learning.
Main Features of this Provider
- The company has a single focus and covers only data-related topics.
- It offers a special certificate which can be personally validated by the company’s team on students’ employee request. To receive the certificate, a student has to complete 22 courses and 780 exercises.
- There’s a Q&A Hub, a live space to get quick answers from both the experts’ team and the community.
- Help in building a resume and portfolio for applying for a new job related to data science.
How much does it cost?
There are three pricing options,
- Free with very limited access
- Monthly-based subscription at $36 per month
- Annual subscription at $29 per month
When it comes to learning opportunities, the monthly and annual packages are the same. The only difference is that the annual one has two additional services, resume and portfolio advice.
Right now they also have an offer of getting a 3-month subscription for $69 (which means having 1 month for free).
Additionally, there is a 30-days refund offered by the company.
365 Data Science Online Program Review
The main competitive advantage of the e-learning provider is this program as it contains all main topics to become a data scientist. So, let’s see what are the courses covered there.
- Intro to Data and Data Science
- Introduction to Business Analytics
2. Essential theoretical topics:
3.Working with Microsoft Excel:
- Introduction to Microsoft Excel
- Advanced Microsoft Excel
4.Working with Python programming, from basic general topics to more domain-specific ones:
- Introduction to Python
- The Python Programmer Bootcamp
- Web Scraping and API Fundamentals in Python
- Data Preprocessing with NumPy
- Time Series Analysis in Python
- Python for Finance
- Credit Risk Modeling in Python
- Customer Analytics in Python
5.SQL, R, and other tools for data analysis and visualization:
- SQL + Tableau
- Introduction to R Programming
- Data Visualization with Python, R, Tableau, and Excel
- SQL + Tableau + Python
6.Learning programming environment:
- Git and GitHub
7.Machine and deep learning:
- Machine Learning in Python
- Deep Learning with TensorFlow
- Deep Learning with TensorFlow 2.0
8.Courses to help with the career start in data science:
- Starting a Career in Data Science: Project Portfolio, Resume, and Interview Process
- Product Management for AI & Data Science
This program also includes more than 750 exercises and business cases to practice.
All in all, there are 28 courses under this program. Each one can be completed separately (as the payment is monthly based, not per course). All courses are self-paced.
Below is how the learning interface looks; on the right side, is a list of topics and a video player is on the left.
365 Data Science Reviews
After exploring dozens of users’ reviews on the Internet, we can conclude that customers who have tried the courses or the program are really satisfied with the quality and the support. The majority of positive reviews on Trustpilot, Reddit, and Quora are submitted by people with no prior experience in data science; so, this platform is good for beginners. Also, many users say that the Q&A hub is very helpful as it’s like Stack Overflow for programmers.
Here is an example of a question submitted by the customer on the Q&A hub and an answer by the team member.
Moreover, the company had a special offer in April 2020 due to the COVID-19 lockdown – they offered their program for free. So, many were able to complete courses at no cost.
The only complaints we have found out there were about the annual subscription which you cannot freeze.
365DataScience vs Datacamp
Both providers (as it’s understood from the companies’ names) are focused on learning data science and related topics. They both generally cover such programming languages as Python and R and other topics like Statistics, SQL, Excel, Tableau and also both offer self-paced experience.
However, DataCamp has a wider list of different topics (over 330 courses) and more formats of learning, also the price here is lower ($12 per month).
Meanwhile, 365 Data Science has a single comprehensive program that includes all needed topics and has a useful option of an active q&a section.
Read whether Datacamp worth it in its review.
365 Data Science vs Dataquest
While the reviewed here company has a single all-in-one program, Dataquest offers 4 skills path for different learning directions (based on the future profession: Data Analyst, Data Scientist, and Data Engineer), one path teaches only one programming language, R or Python.
The price is almost at the same level (Dataquest costs $33.25/month billed annually); Dataquest doesn’t provide an option of buying a monthly subscription which is not convenient.
365DataScience vs Udemy
Those companies are quite different in terms of their approaches. Udemy offers everything, from data science courses to fitness classes. The quality of the content there really varies, some are very useful and some are quite poor. Each course depends on the instructor.
Also, Udemy has less practice and does not have some business cases as projects for using learned skills.
Finally, Udemy has a course-based payment, while other companies mentioned above have a monthly-based payment policy.
Is 365 Data Science worth it?
Data science is a very promising field, but it’s not for everyone, you need to have the right mindset for it and you need to love such work. If your aim is straightforward and you have decided to become a data scientist, this program is probably the best match. If are not sure yet, whether this career is for you, start with a single course or a few courses and try to solve some business-related issues by implying your new skills.